About Me

My photo
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Thursday 7 May 2015

Zvezda 1/72 Macedonian/Carthagian War Elephants

Hello once again on this beautiful warm sunny thursday afternoon, today I will be sharing my armoured war elephants from Zvezda, a set I got a year ago and finished a few months back (and am now posting!)

Once again these weren't painted for historical accuracy, just for what I thought looked good. They will be in my Imperial Army, but will be the only elephants in that faction, being captured or elephants whose trainers defected etc. and will not be used en masse like my Persian/Arab ones will be.









 Of all the excellent poses in this set, this is my favorite one right here.





Thanks for viewing, I might post some photos of my Roman Trireme next time I'm able to post, or maybe some colourful persians.

Have a nice weekend!
FF

6 comments:

  1. Lovely brushwork on two of the best war elephant models around, in any scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. Your right about their quality, the Hat ones (although useable) are nothing compared to these.
      FF

      Delete
  2. I remember the bad (good?) old days when there was only Airfix making war elephants from zoo animals (not Airfix) with plastic card howdahs and crew converted from the Airfix Robin Hood set. These Zvezda elephants are brilliant - both the models and your painting.

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, but even with all these fancy kits on the market, it is still good to be frugal!
      FF

      Delete